2016 UNESCO - CODEV: From Innovation to Social Impact - Call for Abstracts
2016 UNESCO Chair International Conference on
Technologies for Development: From Innovation to Social Impact
2-4 May 2016 | EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
CALL FOR EXTENDED ABSTRACTS // Deadline 6 November 2015
The 4th International Conference of the UNESCO Chair in Technologies for Development, Tech4Dev 2016, gives you an opportunity to:
- Present your research at a unique multidisciplinary Conference focused on innovative technologies for social impact in the Global South.
- Network across disciplines and fields of technology, to promote the development, deployment, adaptation, and scaling of new solutions for the Global South.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration with diverse stakeholders – academics, students, engineers, entrepreneurs, policymakers, practitioners, and social scientists – interested in technological innovation in the Global South.
- Participate at the fabulous social event of the Conference taking place in the Lavaux Vineyards, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Core Thematic Areas:
- Technologies for Humanitarian Action
- Medical Technologies
- Science and Technology for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Technologies for Sustainable Access to Energy
- ICT for Development
- Technologies for Sustainable Habitat and Cities
Authors are invited to submit extended abstracts for paper or poster presentations focusing on research results, case studies, or challenges relevant to the Breakout Sessions. Abstracts should emphasize the value of technological innovation while also acknowledging the limits of technology in generating inclusive social and economic development.
Extended abstracts should be submitted online using the prescribed template no later than 6 November 2015. Abstracts will be peer reviewed and conditional acceptance will be sent by 7 December 2015. The deadline for full paper submission is 15 January 2016. Some level of financial support may be available for authors of high quality papers from developing or emerging countries. Further instructions can be found on the conference website: http://cooperation.epfl.ch/2016Tech4Dev